St. Cloud, Minn. – The St. Cloud Norsemen are looking for qualifies individuals for the positions of Game Day Operations Manager, the team’s Equipment Manager and a team Bus Driver.
Game Day Operations Manager
The St. Cloud Norsemen are looking for a creative and energetic individual to create an amazing fan experience at all Norsemen home games.
Duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Work with Norsemen staff to plan promotions for all 29 home games (primarily Fridays & Saturdays)
- Plan, organize and implement in-game activities
- In Game Promotions
- Time Out & Intermission Activities
- Fan Engagement Activities
- Work with PA announcer to ensure timely, situation appropriate music
- Recruit and organize game day staff
- Coordinate game day set up and tear down, which means arriving hours before games begin
Candidates should have the following skills and attributes
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong service orientation
- Quick Learner
- Team Player
The Equipment Manager will be primarily responsible for:
- The control, distribution, and maintenance of all team equipment (jerseys, pads, helmets, water bottles, tape, sticks, towels, socks, laundry bags, sport drinks etc). This will include set-up for practices and games (dressing room and bench), and away game logistics and travel.
- Skate sharpening, equipment repairs, modifications and replacement which will include sewing
- All team laundry
- General housekeeping duties for the following areas: dressing room, training room, team bathrooms, showers, and hallway
- Preparing Equipment for travel
- Keeping an accurate inventory of all equipment assigned to players (in- season and post-season)
- Maintaining inventory and controls distribution of all team consumable supplies
- Coordinating with the team athletic trainer and coaches to ensure the dressing rooms and other areas are properly organized
- Cooperating with the coaching staff in terms of games and practices procedures in the dressing room, on the ice and on the bench
- Liaising with office staff to ensure sponsorship items are fulfilled such as kit sponsorship and arranging for jerseys to be made available to fans following an auction
- Other duties as assigned and required
- Experience of controlling, distributing, and maintaining equipment for an ice hockey team or equivalent
- Strong understanding of ice hockey equipment and player/organization requirements in the junior game
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to sharpen skates and make skate repairs
- Ability to maintain and make effective equipment modifications and repairs
- Ability to sew
- Ability to work weekends from August to April
- Ability to travel with the team to away games
- Ability to keep, maintain, and prepare effective and accurate records
- Ability to maintain effective relationships
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Possess strong organizational, time management and communication skills
- Display professionalism, integrity and discretion
The Norsemen are looking for a safe and experienced bus driver to operate the team bus, delivering team and staff to all road games, which includes weekends and overnight driving.
- Clean driving history (We will need a copy of your Driving Record for the previous three years)
- Must possess CDL with a Passenger Endorsement
- Reliable, conscientious, punctual
- Neat, business-casual appearance
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections of vehicle
- Operate vehicle safely in all types of weather and traffic conditions
- Punctuality is critical.
- Pick up and deliver passengers safely
- Follow all driving laws
- Must be 25 years or older and have had your driver’s license for five years
- Have no more than two moving violations on your Driving Record
- Submit to and pass random drug tests and a criminal background check
- Must be in good physical condition and able to get in and out of a vehicle easily and quickly.
- Pass a basic DOT Physical Examination
The above standards are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Applicants must be eligible to work in the US without restrictions for any employer at any time, be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and pass a criminal background check.
Competitive compensation will be offered for these positions based on experience and location.
If you have any questions or are interested in applying for either of these positions, please contact & send appropriate resume & experience to Ashley Chase at email@example.com